Adams County Fair Pie Baking Contest
Saturday August 10th 10:00am Outdoor Pavilion
Bring your pie to the contest site Adams County Fairgrounds, East entrance Pavilion (by Moundview Memorial) at 10:00am on the day of the Pie Contest. THERE IS NO FEE FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. The staff running the Pie-Baking Contest will have the final say on acceptability of pies.
Pies must be covered until judging, plastic wrap is ok.
Printable rules sheet and judging criteria
Pies will be judged in 3 categories; Be Creative!!!
1. Fruit Pies; examples apple, blueberry, peach, cherry, lemon etc.
2. Specialty Pies; examples nut pies, pumpkin, custard, candy, sweet potato
3. Cream Pies: Coconut, Banana etc. (prepare for the weather, i.e. ice for keeping cool)
1. No store-bought Pies, only homemade pies please. (don’t spoil the fun)
2. Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
3. This contest is intended for Adult (18 years and older) amateur bakers only. Professional Bakers or those who earn a portion of their livelihood from baking or cooking may not enter the contest.
4. Each pie must be made from scratch.
5. Pies will be available after the event for sampling.
Prizes (each category)
3rd Place Ribbon
Additional Prizes TBA